ACM – TOMM is one of the world’s leading journals on multimedia. As in previous years, we are planning to publish a special issue in 2015. Proposals are accepted until May, 1st 2014. Each special issue is in the responsibility of the guest editors. If you wish to guest edit a special issue, you should prepare a proposal as outlined below, then send this via e-mail to the Senior Associate Editor (SAE) for Special Issue Management of TOMM, Shervin Shirmohammadi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for Proposal Submission: May, 1st 2014
Notification: June, 1st 2014
- Cover a current or emerging topic in the area of multimedia computing, communications and applications;
- Set out the importance of the special issue’s topic in that area;
- Give a strategy for the recruitment of high quality papers;
- Indicate a draft timeline in which the special issue could be produced (paper writing, reviewing, and submission of final copies to TOMM), assuming the proposal is accepted.
- Include the list of the proposed guest editors, their short bios, and their experience as related to the Special Issue’s topic
As in the previous years, the special issue will be published as online-only issue in the ACM Digital Library. This gives the guest editors higher flexibility in the review process and the number of papers to be accepted, while yet ensuring a timely publication.
The proposals will be reviewed by the SAE together with the EiC. The final decision will be made by the EiC. A notification of acceptance for the proposals will be given until June, 1st 2014. Once a proposal is accepted we will contact you to discuss the further process.
For questions please contact:
- Shervin Shirmohammadi – Senior Associate Editor for Special Issue Management ( email@example.com )
- Ralf Steinmetz – Editor in Chief (EiC) ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Sebastian Schmidt – Information Director ( TOMCCAP@kom.tu-darmstadt.de )