ACM Transactions on Multimedia
Computing, Communications and Applications
ACM TOMM (previously known as ACM TOMCCAP)
Deadline for Proposal Submission: May, 1st 2015
Notification: June, 1st 2015
ACM TOMM is one of the world’s leading journals on multimedia. As in previous years, we are planning to publish a special issue (SI) in 2016. Proposals are accepted until May, 1st 2015. Each special issue is in the responsibility of the guest editors. If you wish to guest edit a special issue, you should prepare a proposal as outlined below, then send this via e-mail to the Senior Associate Editor (SAE) for Special Issue Management of TOMM, Shervin Shirmohammadi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover a currently-hot or emerging topic in the area of multimedia computing, communications, and applications;
- Set out the importance of the special issue’s topic in that area;
- Give a strategy for the recruitment of high quality papers;
- Indicate a draft timeline in which the special issue could be produced (paper writing, reviewing, and submission of final copies to TOMM), assuming the proposal is accepted;
- Include a list of recent (submission deadline within the last year) or currently-open special issues in similar topics and clearly explain how the proposed SI is different from those SIs;
- Include the list of the proposed guest editors, their short bios, and their editorial and journal/conference organization experience as related to the Special Issue’s topic.
As in the previous years, the special issue will be published as online-only issue in the ACM Digital Library. This gives the guest editors higher flexibility in the review process and the number of papers to be accepted, while yet ensuring a timely publication.
The proposals will be reviewed by the SAE together with the Editor in Chief (EiC). Evaluation criteria includes: relevance to multimedia, ability to attract many excellent submissions, topic not too specific or too broad, quality and details of the proposal, distinguished from recent or current SIs with similar topic, experience and reputation of the guest editors, geographic/ethnic diversity of the guest editors. The final decision will be made by the EiC. A notification of the decision will be given by June 1st 2015. Once a proposal is accepted we will contact you to discuss the further process.
For questions please contact:
Shervin Shirmohammadi – Senior Associate Editor for Special Issue Management email@example.com
Ralf Steinmetz – Editor in Chief (EiC) firstname.lastname@example.org
Sebastian Schmidt – Information Director TOMM@kom.tu-darmstadt.de