ACM Multimedia Systems 2019
Submission deadline: 15. August 2018
Location: Amherst, MA, USA
Dates: 18. June 2019 -21. June 2019
More information: http://www.mmsys2019.org/participation/special-sessions/
Sponsored by ACM SIGMM
ACM MMSys 2019 Special Sessions – Call for Proposals
– Proposals for special sessions due: August 15, 2018
– Acceptance notification: August 31, 2018
– Note: Submission, notification and camera-ready dates will be the same as for the research track.
– Webpage: http://www.mmsys2019.org/participation/special_sessions
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys) invites proposals for special sessions within the technical scope of the conference. The purpose of special sessions is to supplement the regular program of MMSys 2019 with the most promising research directions, trends and challenges in the proposed field of multimedia systems (networking, operating systems, real-time systems, databases).
Special session proposals should be submitted by the prospective organizer(s) who will commit to promoting and manage their special sessions. Prospective organizer(s) will be also involved in the review process, which will be handled centrally by the MMSys TPC co-chairs, as for the regular papers.
Proposals should include the following information and should be sent to the MMSys TPC co-chairs (email@example.com) by the deadline indicated above:
– Title of the proposed session and topic overview (one paragraph)
– Novelty and rationale of the need for the special session at MMSys 2019 (max two paragraphs)
– Short biography of the organizer(s)
– 4-6 potential papers (author names w/ affiliations, title and abstract)
Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic, impact and the qualifications of organizers as well as the quality of the proposed list of potential papers.