University Assistant (f/m)
(fixed-term employment for the period of 4 years, 40 hours/week (Uni-KV: B1)
at the Faculty for Technical Sciences, Dept. of Information Technology. The monthly minimum salary for this position as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is €2.731 (pre-tax, 14 x per year), but may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
• Collaboration at the department within the research group “Multimedia Communication” in terms of research and teaching
• Independent scientific research with the goal to obtain the conferral of a doctorate
• Participation at the students’ counselling
• Collaboration at administrative tasks within the department and university committees
• Collaboration at public relations activities within the department and faculty
The research group “Multimedia Communication” conducts its research within the fields of communication, adaptation, quality of experience (QoE) and use of multimedia data, as well as in the area of future content-aware networks. The goal is to publish in international, high quality professional journals and conference proceedings and to cooperate with various commercial partners. With regard to teaching, additional fields such as computer organization, computer networks, operating systems and parallel systems are covered by our research group.
• Master or diploma degree of Technical Science in the field of Informatics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering or Telematics completed at a domestic or foreign university (with good final degrees)
• Excellent knowledge and experience in at least one of the following fields: computer organization, operating systems, computer networks, multimedia systems, distributed systems
Desirable qualifications are:
• Fluency in German and English, both in written and oral form
• Excellent programming skills
• Relevant international and practical work experience
• Social and communicative competences and ability to work in a team
• Experience with university teaching and research activities
All relevant documents for the application (including copies of all school certificates and performance records) have to be submitted via the online application form www.aau.at/obf of Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt no later than January 10, 2018, mentioning reference number 639/17.
The goal of the position is to equip graduates of a master or diploma programme with the necessary technical and scientific training to complete a doctorate or PhD program in Technical Sciences. Applications of scientists already holding such a degree can therefore not be taken into further consideration.
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions and therefore strongly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In case of equal qualifications, female applicants will receive preferential consideration.
Furthermore, persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses who meet the required qualification criteria are also explicitly invited to apply for the position.
General information for applicants: www.aau.at/jobs/information
Additional information regarding the research group “Multimedia Communication” can be found online (www.aau.at/tewi/inf/itec/) or by phone +43-463-2700-3612 (Univ.-Prof. DI Dr. Hermann Hellwagner).
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt cannot refund any travel or accommodation expenses that arise in connection with the admission procedure.
Employer: Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
Expiration date: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
More information: https://multimediacommunication.blogspot.co.at/2017/12/university-assistant-fm.html