Contributors: Olivier Gillet, Gaël Richard
The ENST-Drums database (only audio was previously distributed) is a varied research database for automatic drum transcription and processing:
- Three professional drummers specialized in different music genres were recorded.
- Total duration of audio material recorded per drummer is around 75 minutes.
- Each drummer played his own drum kit.
- Each sequence used either sticks, rods, brushes or mallets to increase the diversity of drum sounds.
- The drum kits themselves are varied, ranging from a small, portable, kit with two toms and 2 cymbals, suitable for jazz and latin music ; to a larger rock drum set with 4 toms and 5 cymbals.
Each sequence is recorded on 8 individual audio channels, is filmed from two angles, and is fully annotated. In this release, the public dataset is accessible both for audio and video content.